Monday, March 23, 2009

New things and Yummy things!

I have started to really enjoy cooking. I never really disliked it, I just didn't have a lot of time (not that I have that now) or a very good kitchen for cooking so I did just enough to get by. Now that I can cook while happily watching and listening to my children play I am finding the kitchen a much happier place.

This is my attempt at re-creating a cake I had a birthday party for one of Anthony's schoolmates. It was basically strawberry shortcake in cake form! It was sooooo yummy I have been dreaming about it for weeks! So, I looked up simple sponge cake recipes and found one that sounded yummy and easy (two MUSTS for anything I cook). Below is the finished product, to be sampled tonight by my family. If nothing else she is really photogenic, right?



Now for a couple non-food items I have cooked up recently.



No comments: