Saturday, November 14, 2009

it's that time of year...

..when the crafts fairs start popping up all over town. This is a fun time of year for me. Finally all my hats and scarves are actually useful to people in San Diego! Last weekend I sold at the McKinley Elementary craft fair and it was so much fun! I met some great people while there. A couple of the vendors bought some hats, including Stephanie from Made With Luv http://www.madewithluv.com/blog/. Here is a photo of her sporting the hat I made while I was at the fair.At the next fair we do together I think she might have to earn a commision because she got me a bunch of other orders!!

Today I attended the Women's Day In Expo and it was such a blast! It was so much more than just a craft fair. There was music, drinks, massages, and even a fashion show! Alot of the same people were there that I met the previous weekend so that was really fun. I didn't have a table this time but just sat in the lounge area and crocheted away with a few of my hats sitting out nearby. I sold almost all the hats I brought and the one I was making! Here is a photo of Paula wearing the hat she bought.

I have come into contact with so many great ladies recently. Another of my new favorites is Jen of My Three Son Designs. You can imagine we have a lot in common, including creating things! Here is her website, she not only makes adorable baby and children's items but also cool retro items for your home. http://www.mythreesonsdesigns.com/. She also has a blog http://www.mythreesonsdesigns,clogspot.com/.

I also made some hats for my new nephew Brody. He was a really great model!


So, in closing I would just like to say that I love this time of year. The heat has been turned on, I am wearing sweaters again, and all three boys now have funky new hats made by me, photos to come later!

No comments: