Thursday, February 5, 2009

And here they are...


I said I was making chips and I made chips. They turned out much better than my last batch, which were actually really tasty, just a bit more chewy than I like. These are crispy and delish, at least for now. I am not yet sure how to keep them crispy and fear that it is all the chemicals added to store bought chips that keep them so darn crunchy. Oh well, I guess I will just have to eat them all as quickly as possible!!!
These are the cut, pre-cooked chips. I would just like to point out that despite the fact that I could not for the life of me roll the tortillas into a circle, when I cut my various shapes into wedges, they actually looked somewhat like real chips. I was kind of excited by this.The cooked chips cooling and draining off excess oil. Yes, I did this the old fashioned way, but I did not fry them in lard, which is what it called for. I am sure it would have been mighty tasty, but who needs a heart attack, right? Veggie oil worked just as well.
My official taste testers getting a sample.
They passed the test!!!!

No comments: