Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just had to add this…

So, I was told I should share recipes.  Here is what I had for lunch today, and it is easy and yummy, and I have to admit, I got the recipe from my sister in law who I believe got it from her brother in law who got it from who knows where, but anyway, here you go:

Chicken lettuce wraps

any amount of chicken, depending on how many you are feeding.  I used about 1/4 pound of chicken tenderloins for myself and have some leftover.

boil chicken, let cool, then shred
mix with hoisin sauce (you can find it in your grocer’s asian foods section)
cut up some green onions (the top, green part) to your desired amount and mix with chicken and sauce
scoop into romaine lettuce leaves and enjoy.  You can also wrap them in rice paper wraps, but I prefer just the chicken and lettuce myself.

Serve with some spring rolls and you are good to go!

This is also a GREAT make ahead meal, you just make up the chicken and you can have it whenever you like!  Great for taking lunch to work or even for a picnic.  

DSCN1930

No comments: